Savings of up to £3,000
Using hSo to save on a Superfast Internet upgrade
From December 2013 until October 2015 the UK Government’s original Connection Vouchers scheme offered eligible businesses up to £3,000 off the cost of installing a superfast connection upgrade.
As a registered supplier of the scheme, hSo helped firms take advantage of this generous subsidy.
The scheme used up its allocated budget. At the time of writing (September 2017) the scheme has not been replaced.
We've kept this web page because, we think there's a decent chance the Government will eventually launch a successor scheme that works in a similar way. The London Borough of Westminster has already done so and we're taking part in it.
Would my business have qualified under the old Connection Vouchers scheme?
- Your firm is located in an eligible postcode within one of the 50 eligible cities, 28 of which (in bold) became eligible from 1 April 2015:
Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bradford, Brighton & Hove, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Coventry, Derby, Derry (also known as Londonderry), Dundee, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Hull, Inverness, Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Londonderry (also known as Derry), Manchester, Middlesbrough, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Newport, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Perth, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Preston, Reading, Sheffield, Southampton, Southend on Sea, Stirling, Stoke on Trent, Sunderland, Swansea, Swindon, Wolverhampton, and York.
- You're an SME (Small or Medium Enterprise), Charity or Social Enterprise
- You're asking for a connection to your main business premises
- You sign up for a minimum 6 month contract
- Your connection will cost over £100 to install
- Your new connection offers a minimum of 20 Mbit/s services and is capable of being configured/upgraded to support at least 30 Mbit/s services
- You haven't received more than c. £120k in grants in the last three years
Participating cities were able to set their own conditions, and there were other minor conditions beyond those listed above.