Leased Line Providers Guide – How To Pick The Perfect Provider
There are many UK leased line providers you can choose from, including…
- Virgin Media
- TalkTalk Business
Key questions to consider when choosing between leased line providers include…
- What are the hours of support? 9 to 5? 24/7?
- What Service Level Agreements are provided?
- Is the company primarily concerned with serving consumers or businesses?
- Can they free to provide circuits from more than one carrier, to get you the best price and offer resilience options?
- Do they have an MPLS core network?
Leased line providers work closely with companies called 'carriers' to deliver a leased line to you.
The carrier will is the division of a telecoms company that physically digs up the road and lays down fibre or copper cable.
Leased line providers do the rest of the work. They…
- design the solution
- order the underlying circuits
- subsidise the installation costs
- buy and configure the equipment used at both ends of the circuits
- test the circuits
- support the equipment
- monitor the circuits
- provide first-line support for circuit faults
- add Internet access (i.e. Internet transit and peering) if required
- connect the leased line to your other leased lines to create a corporate WAN and
- invoice you
Leased line providers may also be able to deliver useful services over your leased line, including…
- Internet access
- Telephony (SIP Trunking)
- Online Backup