Perimeter security is critical to organisations today and we therefore deploy firewalls and other devices to block access to our corporate network. However, with more and more employees now working from home on a regular basis and going mobile, secure remote access is a must.
hSo's Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Virtual Private Network (VPN) Service provides a secure and cost-effective solution for providing remote access to your network. Unlike traditional IP VPN, it eliminates the need for client-software, changes to internal servers, and costly ongoing maintenance and desktop support.
hSo's SSL VPN service allows a remote user to securely access corporate resources via any web browser.
- How Does it Work?
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPNs use application-layer secure access over the Internet using capabilities common to most web browsers.
This means that remote access VPNs no longer need client software installed and maintained on the remote computers.
SSL for remote access uses the encryption and authentication facilities built into every web browser to provide secure remote access to corporate applications.
- Why hSo?
hSo's SSL VPN services provide a flexible, fully managed remote access and security platform.
hSo is one of the first SSL VPN managed service providers, and has been offering full 24x7 network monitoring, management, and troubleshooting services since 2001.
Unique to hSo is the ability to offer SSL VPN as a managed service hosted from within the hSo network. Having invested in a geographically redundant platform, hSo removes the need for a customer specific hardware solution and provides a scalable, high availability solution from the first user.
To simplify the service and keep it cost effective, hSo charges per concurrent user and you can have unlimited number of users accessing the SSL VPN platform.
- Key Benefits
- Access company resources via a web browser and Internet connection from anywhere
- No need for IPSEC client software on users’ laptop and desktop computers
- Network based solution with dedicated access to your corporate LAN
- Flexible solution without upfront investment. Pay only for required users
- Granular network access controls with end-user computer verification before granting access
- Scalable solutions can support traffic spikes from permanent remote users to business continuity events